Monday, August 01, 2005

Van Cab Hopper

I have come to realize that I am a van cab hopper. The other night, I opened up an email from my friend after having dinner and shopping with her earlier that night.

I was giggling. You hopped onto the big can taxi!

I hopped?

I IMmed her and asked, "Are you serious? I "hopped into the van?"

I couldn't see well inside van while getting in. I tried to find the floor to put my foot on and figure out where the seat was so I'd sit properly as I got in. I was in a rush and worried about the light turning green momentarily before I sat inside the van cab.

Unknown to me, my friend was giggling the whole time. She promised to give me a demo of how I "hopped" into the van. I didn't feel like I hopped into it. I do take my friend's word for it that I hopped while rushing to get into the cab before the light turned green. It's funny when you think of it while visualizing it.

I learned something about myself. Hi, my name is Sarah. I am a NYC van cab hopper.