Friday, April 08, 2005

Delete the Trash in Your Life

Sometimes, it's really amazing how some people just don't get a clue.

Sometimes in life, we need to delete the trash in our lives. Some people IM/email too much online without getting a clue that a no is a no or that the interest isn't mutual. Sometimes people meet in person at a social function and say the same lines as if they were pressing a record player:

"Hi, I haven't seen you in a while."

"Oh, yes." (smiling)

"We've got to get together soon."

"I know. My schedule is really busy. I'll get in touch with you when I have some free time."

Don't get me wrong. Few people genuinely say these things and truly are interested in getting together. Sometimes life in NYC can be hectic. The timing just isn't right. We'd find different ways to express our genuine interest. But, if this has been going on for at least few years, get a clue and move on.

Those who truly are interested will make the effort to get in touch and communicate their genuine interest. One can only ask too many times before finally getting a clue or realizing that the person is being polite.

Some people go so low online to see if a person is blocking her or if that the person already read her email and hasn't replied. Some people are genuine while others are hypocrites or who I call fakie hokies. I am not a fan of someone who is a fakey hokey with people on a regular basis. I admit I am one sometimes with some people who just don't get a clue. I don't waste my time with them. I move on. There is no need to pick up or accumulate their negativity, desperateness, or anything. I simply delete their emails or block them. Or, in person, I am diplomatic and move on.


I simply block out the negativity and people who are not true to me or who don't know how to relate on a two-way street. I don't let them get to me. Only that person knows what's best for herself and decides for herself. This helps them be more authentic and give themselves room to grow and be more genuine.


If a person doesn't like the boundaries you've consistently set up, let her be like silly chicken running around with no head, trying incessantly. It's them wasting their energy. No need to waste your energy partaking in this.

These trash are like sewage clogging up your lines. Sometimes we need to detoxify ourselves by declogging and cleaning out these trash. Detoxification a great way to help us keep on staying positive and authentic.

Delete the trash in your life.

We have a right to have peace and use our energies in life more productively and efficiently, allowing ourselves to be truly happy. We have people in our lives who are positive, supportive, non-toxic, healthy and balanced. These people will know when you need time to yourself, what is going on in your life, what your needs are, et al; the same goes for you knowing about them and where they stand. The communication is mutual and on a two-way street with regular sidewalk and street cleaning because we both want to keep the street in good shape and condition. Walk on and live with dignity.