Sunday, October 03, 2004

Staying Afloat

Am staying afloat now while feeling overwhelmed with this semester's courseload, studies, and the new internship. The new internship is great and very eye-opening. I'm interning in a psychiatric hospital setting in the outpatient clinic while going to inpatient units as needed. I'm getting over the shock of seeing some things I've only heard about from others or have seen in movies. But, I'm really excited and looking forward to learning more. My supervisor is really academic-inclined and very clinical in her work. And, she's already challenging me in my thinking and application of social work stuff. I am glad that I have this internship opportunity and training. I'm still getting used to it, and I am starting to get into the groove... and staying afloat while doing the grad school and internship work. It's a rich experience.