Friday, July 23, 2004

Rainy Day

Rain, go away and come back another day.

Am at home drying off after walking 6 long blocks in the heavy rain. The only things missing were shampoo, conditioner, and soap. I could have taken a good shower outside and rinsed off in no time. At one point, I had to wait at an intersection because the frozen traffic (for Lincoln Tunnel) would not divide to allow a blaring firetruck through. I finally crossed the street and went into a deli as a temporary refuge from the rain. I was soaked wet. Then, I walked fast to my apartment. The first thing I did when I got home was to change out of my wet clothes and into warm cozy clothes. I'm now in my favorite striped flannel pants and Dad's old oversized polo t-shirt. The cats are sitting nearby. I'll probably go snuggle under the comforter soon for a short nap. I'm usually not a napper, but, since starting grad school, I love occasional naps. Sleep is precious these days.

As soon as I wake up, I've got to focus on my final paper and 2 midterm papers due by next Tuesday. That's 3-4 days away. Ack! :)

In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy my dry quiet solitude at home.